Department of Cornea cataract & Refractive Surgery: Headed by Dr Hijab Mehta an Alumnus of L V Prasad Eye Institute, Hyd
- Simple & Complicated Suture less Cataract surgeries with foldable lens implants
- Pediatric Cataracts
- Corneal Transplants (Eye transplant)
- Phototherapeutic keratectomy (Laser assisted corneal scar removal)
- Primary and Recurrent Pterygium surgery
- Limbal Stem cell transplant for limbal stem cell deficiency such as following chemical injury
- Ocular surface reconstruction
- Amniotic Membrane Transplantation
- Management of ocular allergy, ocular surface disorders, Dry eye states, punctal plugs
- Management of Keratoconus and other ectatic corneal disorders by C3R treatment
- Expert and modern management of corneal infections (ulcers)
- Corneal Transplant
- Full thickness Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Deep anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty ( DALK)
- Descemets Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty ( DSAEK)
- LASIK – Refractive surgery to remove the spectacle number for
- Myopic Lasik (minus number)
- Hyperopic Lasik (plus number)
- Astigmatic Lasik (cylindrical number)
Slit Lamp with Imaging System
High resolution slit lamp
Imaging system helps in recording the patients clinical details in form of pictures and videos
Better understanding of disease by the patient
Easy and objective comparison at a later date possible
This helps to get a detailed and accurate computerized map of the patient’s cornea with instant reports and prints
It useful in the diagnosis and management of corneal diseases such as Keratoconus
Is a prerequisite before Lasik
This equipment determines thickness of the cornea
It helps in assessing the thinnest point of the cornea – a very important test for knowing the suitability of LASIK
Inbuilt printer for instantaneous results
Lenstar LS900 provides a complete measurement procedure including lensthickness,anterior chamber depth(lens position) and retinal thickness. Its a all in one biometer, keratometer, pachymeter, pupillometer and IOL calculator. Its the biometer of choice for Toric and Multifocal IOLs, post refractive surgery IOL calculation.
Sirius is a high precision instrument for the tomography of the anterior ocular segment and the 3D cornea analysis. By merging Scheimpflug technology, which allows the measurement of the internal ocular structures, with Placido topography, still unsurpassed for the measurement of elevation and curvatures
Sirius proves to be an essential tool for the diagnosis and the pre- and post-operative evaluation of cataract and refractive/Lasik surgery.
Sutureless Cataract surgeries with foldable lens implant for simple and complicated cataracts with high end phacoemusifications machines.
Toric and Mutifocal lenses ( with cataract surgery) for select patients helps in getting spectacle freedom after cataract surgery.
Both the above machines provide latest advances in Ultrasound Technology, expanding the limits of Cataract lens removal techniques.
Featuring the advanced OZil® technology for phacoemulsification with the Constellation vision system, this optimized OZil®torsional emulsification with enhanced fluidic management and surgical control, delivers the strategic advantage in customized phaco procedures
Key Features include
- State of the Art Fluidics
- Non-invasive optical vacuum pressure sensor
- Advanced Energy Solutions
- Designed to minimize surgical complications
- Micro-Coaxial capabilities, incision can be as small as 2.2 mm
- Can perform surgeries on the most difficult cases with utmost precision and ease
- Pristine Clear Cornea on first post operative day
Contact Lens Clinic
Scleral contact lenses for advanced Keratoconus, Pellucid marginal degeneration,dry eye conditions like Stevens Johnson syndrome, Ocular pemphigoid and other complex cases.
- Computerized Corneal Topography based contact lens prescription
- Soft & semi soft contact lenses (RGP)
- Cosmetic Colored lenses
- Therapeutic lenses
- Contact lenses for Keratoconus
- Rose K CL for complicated corneas
Corneal Collagen Cross Linking System
The new treatment to arrest progression of Keratoconus and other ecstatic diseases of the cornea is known as Corneal Collagen Cross Linking (C3R) wherein Ultraviolet A light is applied to the Cornea in presence of Riboflavin (vitamin B2).
- Irradiation in combination with Riboflavin initiates molecular crosslinking of corneal collagen fibers increasing the biomechanical strength of corneal tissue and can arrest progressive corneal thinning and ectasia.
- Clinical studies post C3R has demonstrated a stabilization of keratoconus with no further progression. Using the current recommended treatment parameters, C3R can be performed safely without any side effects.