Vitreo Retina: Headed By Dr Hitendra Mehta an alumni from Sankara Netharalaya, Chennai
Treatment Offered for vitreoretina surgery
- Diagnosis and management of all types of simple and complex retinal diseases
- Surgeries like Scleral buckling for retinal detachments
- Basic and advanced Vitrectomy for complicated retinal detachments, diabetic vitreous hemorrhage, Tractional retinal detachments, Trauma, Endophthalmitis
- 23 and 25 G Vitrectomy (Constellation vision system) – Suture less Vitreoretinal surgery.
- Advanced treatment like Photodynamic therapy (PDT) and Intravitreal injections for age related macular degeneration like Lucentis, Avastin,
- Newer treatments like Ozurdex – Intravitreal steroid implant for non infectious uveits, Macular edema due to CRVO, BRVO, Diabetes Mellitus.
- Screening and laser treatment for Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
- Surgery like Scleral buckling and Vitrectomy for Stage IV and V ROP
- All types of lasers for Diabetic Retinopathy, Retinal Holes, Tears, CRVO, BRVO
Equipment and Infracture :
Digital Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA) from Kowa – Japan
Fundus Fluorescein Angiography (FFA)
Procedure in which a special dye is injected in the hand and the transit of the dye is captured with a special
digital camera and special software
The prints and reports are available instantaneously
Excellent diagnosis of many retinal conditions like diabetic retinopathy, age related macular degeneration
Multiple image overlay, merge and graphic function gives the user advantage to diagnose better
Helps plan treatment of Retinal & Choroidal diseases
3 Dimensional Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography( OCT )is a non-invasive technology used for imaging the retina, the multi-layered sensory tissue lining the back of the eye. OCT, the first instrument to allow doctors to see cross-sectional images of the retina, is revolutionizing the early detection and treatment of eye conditions such as macular holes, pre-retinal membranes, macular swelling and even optic nerve damage.
The newer version allows all the images to be studied 3 dimensionally.
Similar to CT scans of internal organs, OCT uses the optical backscattering of light to rapidly scan the eye and describe a pixel representation of the anatomic layers within the retina. Each of these ten important layers can be differentiated and their thickness can be measured. , OCT uses the optical backscattering of light to rapidly scan the eye and describe a pixel representation of the anatomic layers within the retina. Each of these ten important layers can be differentiated and their thickness can be measured. For certain conditions, such as age-related macular degeneration and cystoid macular edema, the 45 second OCT procedure is able to reduce or eliminate the need for fluorescein angiography for some patients.
The OCT is extremely useful in studying the thickness of the nerve fiber layer especially in very early stages of glaucoma.
It is very useful in studying the cross section of the cornea to understand and analyze various diseases of the cornea.
Ultrasound B-Scan from Tomey – Japan
This advanced machine uses a 10 MHz probe to accurately image and study the Retina and Vitreous
Helps in posterior segment evaluation following trauma, mature cataracts, vitreous hemorrhage due to Diabetes and other causes
Recording of real time video images possible
Instant reports and prints are available
- The most advanced system for vitreo retinal surgeries
- Hight speed sutureless 23G,25G,27G surgeries with cut rates upto 7500 cpm providing high level of safety and accuracy
- Duty cycle can be modified depending on step of surgery
- The system monitors intraocular pressure resulting in an extremely safe surgical outcome
- Xenon illumination and RFID to recognize and automatically adjust light intensity
Zeiss Visu 160 microscope with BIOM
- Top of the line microscope with XY and motorized zoom
- BIOM and SDI for superior viewing of the retina and the vitreous during surgery – The most advanced wide angle viewing system
- Panoramic view of the retina with excellent resolution and depth perception during surgery
- CCTV with video recording facilities
- All the above state of the art technology ensures excellent results for Vitreoretinal surgeries